In today's Canberra Times, Ian Warden listed his list of five personal Canberra architectural favourites. He listed (with tongue in cheek maybe?):
- 18 Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra City;
- Namadgi National Park Visitors' Centre, Naas Road;
- The Canberra Incinerator at the Royal Canberra Golf Club;
- The clubhouse, Reid Tennis Club Reid; and
- the new Canberra Hospital multi-storey carpark.
Ian issued a challenge to his readers - "... why not ask yourselves ... which of Canberra's buildings you love?"
Well, Ian, here is my top five list:
1. National Library of Australia;
2. John Curtin School of Medical Research;
3. Lake Tuggeranong College;
4. Canberra Italian Centre; and
5. Caroline Chisholm School.
What are your five architectural favourites for your city or town?